7 Shouts - 60,858 Scrobbles
Fenton Robinson (23 September 1935, Greenwood, Mississippi — 25 November 1997, Rockford, Illinois) was a blues singer and exponent of the Chicago Blues guitar. His signature song, "Somebody Loan Me a Dime" was covered by Boz Scaggs, but attributed to Scaggs himself, resulting in legal battles. The nationwide distribution of Robinson's own version of the song was aborted by a freak snow storm hitting Chicago. In the 1970s he was arrested and imprisoned for vehicular manslaughter. Paroled after nine months, he continued playing in Chicago clubs, and later taught guitar.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Somebody Loan Me a Dime - (4:22) - 1,060 plays
- You Don't Know What Love Is - (3:57) - 681 plays
- Texas Flood - (4:22) - 431 plays
- The Getaway - (2:53) - 305 plays
- Directly From My Heart to You - (4:21) - 196 plays
- Going to Chicago - (3:50) - 178 plays
- Country Girl - (4:56) - 181 plays
- Checking On My Woman - (3:26) - 163 plays
- Gotta Wake Up - (4:28) - 168 plays
- I've Changed - (4:26) - 150 plays