0 Shouts - 174,615 Scrobbles
There are two artists named FalchionRead More...
1. Finnish pagan/viking metal band.
2. Falchion, an alias of hardcore producer U-F Sequencer
1. Falchion's music is often called pagan/viking metal, but the band itself calls their music heavy metal. Band is founded in May 2002 in Lahti Finland by Juho Kauppinen (lead guitars, vocals), Joonas Simonen (keyboards) and Ville Vehviläinen (drums). Bass player Seppo Tiaskorpi joined Falchion in December 2002. Sami Heinonen joined Falchion in March 2003 as a rhythm guitar player. This combination stayed from March 2003 till October 2003 and has changed after that.
Falchion started to record their first demo cd "Glory of the Sword" in June 2003 with Juha Kallas at LYK school studio, Lahti. It wasn't finished until November 2003, because Ville Vehviläinen didn't play all his parts for the demo because of duties in the army. Later he lost his motivation for the band, as did Joonas Simonen. Ville Vehviläinen, Sami Heinonen and Joonas Simonen left Falchion in October. Falchion got Teemu Peltonen as drum player and Jani Laine as rhythm guitar player in October 2003. Teemu Peltonen recorded the rest of the drums for the demo in November, and Falchion decided to continue without a keyboard player.
Band signed one album contract with Japanese label World Chaos Production in December 2003. The recording of their debut album "Legacy of Heathens" started in June 2004 at Studio Watercastle, Jyväskylä with Arttu Sarvanne. The recordings lasted 9 days and Arttu Sarvanne had professional touch in the studio. He mixed album in 8 days. "Legacy of Heathens" was mastered in October by Timo Lehtimäki in Studio 57, Alaveteli.
The album was released in October 2005, exactly a one year after the mastering session. The band had had very silent times after the recording of the album and weren't performing live. The "Legacy of Heathens" album had sold nearly 2 000 copies between 2005-2006. In September 2006 the whole line-up changed again.
Line-up of today:
Juho Kauppinen - Guitars, vocals
Miikka Tulimäki - Guitars
Matti Johansson - Drums
Janne Kielinen - Bass
Web site: http://www.falchionband.com/
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Swordmaster of the Dragonland - 15,901 plays
- Shadows In The Wasteland - 12,498 plays
- Journey in the Woods - 11,027 plays
- Immortal Heroes - 12,537 plays
- Chronicles Of The Dead - 8,913 plays
- Kingdom Of Dust - 9,520 plays
- The Ancient Tale - 10,341 plays
- Desert Breeze - 8,576 plays
- Folk in the Golden Town - 10,846 plays
- Primitive Again - 7,559 plays