Faiz Ali Faiz
3 Shouts - 14,354 Scrobbles
Faiz Ali Faiz (born 1962 in Sharaqpur, Pakistan) is one of the main singers of qawwali, a devotional musical expression of the Sufis, a mystical offshoot of Islam. Faiz Ali Faiz comes from a family of qawwals from seven generations in Pakistan. He started his professional career in 1978, at age 16, creating at the same time his own qawwali ensemble. Though Faiz is from Lahore, he practices the doaba style from eastern Pakistan. He stated in recent interviews he has been influenced by Sham-Chaurasi, a famous Khayal singing school where Ustad Salamat Ali Khan belongs to.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ya Ali - (11:27) - 52 plays
- More Ângna - Le jardin de mon coeur - (10:13) - 45 plays
- Rus Na - Ne me quitte pas - (9:21) - 25 plays
- Mast Qalandar - Khiraj-E-Aqeedat - 15 plays
- Rus Na - 13 plays
- Chambe di Booti - Fleur de Jasmin - (6:12) - 9 plays
- Jâni Rât - Croissant de lune - (10:01) - 6 plays
- More Ângna - 8 plays
- Dekh Laila Tere Majnoon - (9:43) - 5 plays
- Lâge Jiya - Je suis amoureux - (12:23) - 5 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online