171 Shouts - 2,959,243 Scrobbles
Fairport Convention is often credited with being one of the first English folk rock bands. Formed in 1967, Fairport rapidly developed from playing cover versions of American 'west coast' music to an individual style which melded rock music with traditional english folk tunes and songs. Like their peers The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield and Jefferson Airplane they were blessed with several considerable individual talents and produced music that -at least initially- was eclectic, as well as exploratory.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAcross the evening sky, all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Before the winter fire, I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time
For who knows where the time goes?
- LyricsA holiday, a holiday
And the first one of the year
Lord Donald's wife came into the church
The Gospel for to hear
And when the meeting it was done
- LyricsMy father he rides in your ships
And I know he would never mean harm
But to see both sides of a quarrel
Is to judge without hate or love
Oh, oh, helpless and slow
- Fotheringay - (3:04) - 4,024 plays
- LyricsTake the sun from my heart
Let me learn to despise
I'll show you another who cannot tell lies
The blind man can't see
Who demands to his eyes
- Come All Ye - (4:59) - 3,358 plays
- Tam Lin - (7:12) - 3,508 plays
- Meet On The Ledge - (2:51) - 3,139 plays
- Farewell, Farewell - (2:36) - 3,416 plays
- Si Tu Dois Partir - (2:18) - 2,903 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online