23 Shouts - 622,475 Scrobbles
Fairground Attraction were a Scottish acoustic pop group from Glasgow, best-known for the hit single "Perfect", and for helping to launch the career of its lead singer, Eddi Reader. After the usual career-beginning playing in local clubs and pubs, in 1987 Fairground Attraction were signed to RCA, and released their first single, "Perfect", in April 1988. It was an immediate success, reaching number one on the UK singles chart. Their album The First Of A Million Kisses was a characteristic blend of folk, jazz, country, and cajun elements (all but one of its songs being written by Mark Nevin).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI don't want half hearted love affairs
I need someone who really cares
Life is too short to play silly games
I've promised myself I won't do that again
It's got to be perfect, it's got to be worth it, yeah
- LyricsCats are cryin', gates are slammin'
The wind is howlin' 'round the house tonight
I'm as lonely as a boat out on the sea
When the night is black and the tide is high
Oh, on nights like these, feel like fallin' to my knees
- LyricsSky of ink and diamond stars
Empty streets of just occasional cars
Here we lie in a lullaby
Of the stillness in our room
Words are unable to speak of love
- LyricsJazz in a basement bar, the moon's on the rain
Drunk too much, spent too much, penniless again
Oh, sweetheart, where are you tonight?
I remember when we used to walk by the Thames
The lights on the embankment like jewels on chains
- LyricsMy baby's love is called Clare
Serpentine seductress, I can't compare
My baby's love is merciless to me
Wailing like a hussy and laughin' drunkenly
And over the rooftops
- The Moon Is Mine - (2:41) - 555 plays
- Fairground Attraction - (2:19) - 495 plays
- Allelujah - (3:26) - 535 plays
- The Wind Knows My Name - (4:13) - 535 plays
- Whispers - (3:50) - 495 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online