22 Shouts - 565,337 Scrobbles
Fairground Attraction was a Scottish acoustic pop group, best-known for its hit single "Perfect", and for helping to launch the career of its lead singer, Eddi Reader. After the usual career-beginning playing in local clubs and pubs, in 1987 Fairground Attraction were signed to RCA, and released their first single, "Perfect", in April 1988. It was an immediate success, reaching number one on the UK singles chart. Their album The First Of A Million Kisses was a characteristic blend of folk, jazz, country, and cajun elements (all but one of its songs being written by Mark Nevin).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Perfect - (5:35) - 15,498 plays
- LyricsCats are cryin', gates are slammin'
The wind is howlin' 'round the house tonight
I'm as lonely as a boat out on the sea
When the night is black and the tide is high
Oh, on nights like these, feel like fallin' to my knees
- A Smile In A Whisper - (3:32) - 848 plays
- Moon On The Rain - (3:56) - 706 plays
- Fairground Attraction - (2:19) - 711 plays
- Clare - (3:15) - 723 plays
- Allelujah - (3:26) - 736 plays
- The Moon Is Mine - (2:41) - 772 plays
- Whispers - (3:50) - 656 plays
- The Wind Knows My Name - (4:13) - 669 plays