0 Shouts - 106,283 Scrobbles
There are four artists with the name Fabric:Read More...
1) Fabric is the name of the seminal London venue, record label and podcast that defined London clubbing at the turn of the new millennium.
2) Fabric is a UK Emo band formed in early 90's and separated in 1996, featuring Tony Sylvester of The Dukes Of Nothing/33/Turbonegro on bass and Chris Turner of Orange Goblin/The Dukes Of Nothing on drums.
3) Fabric is a Bath based 4 piece pop band formerly known as Parry:Matthews.
4) Fabric is Matthew Mullane's drone project.
1) Saturday nights at Fabric playlists consistently forge a path for new sounds and talent. Lose yourself in the freshest house, techno and electro sounds from forward thinking underground DJs and cutting edge live acts.
Resident DJs: Craig Richards and Terry Francis.
Regular Guests: Adam Beyer, Akufen, Andrew Weatherall, DJ Heather, Halo, Ivan Smagghe, Michael Mayer, Ricardo Villalobos, Slam, Stacey Pullen, Steve Bug, Swayzak, The Amalgamation Of Soundz and Tiefschwarz.
Regular Nights: Haywire Sessions, Wiggle, Tyrant, Clone, Sunday Best, Kompakt, Pokerflat, Playhouse
2) Formed in the early 90s, UK's Fabric were a rarity in the UK - a homegrown Emo band. Similar to many of the bands in North-East US (especially the DC area), Fabric helped paved the way for the emergence of UKHC in the late-90s. They were signed to London-based Wiiija records, but due to the fact the band didn't fit in with other bands on the more indie Wiiija roster, Fabric appeared on their own imprint 'Wholecar', which also released records by similar-styles bands.
Fabric released three singles, an album 'Body of Water' and a mini-LP 'Lightbringer' before breaking up around 1996.
The band are not associated with the London club of the same name.
3) They sound something like a merger between Pink Floyd and Portishead with Stevie Nicks on vocals.
One album released in 2007: "Four Two" out on AMO Music.
Anna Parry Vocals, Saxophone, Harmonica, Guitar, Percussion, Keyboards
Simon Matthews] Guitar, Vocals, Keyboards
Neil Swift Bass
Tom Hammond Drums and Percussions
4) Released some cassettes over at Stunned Records and Fairchild Tapes and cooperated with Sparkling Wide Pressure.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Leaving The House - 3,407 plays
- fabric podcast 01: Craig Richards - 1,158 plays
- fabric podcast 02: Andy Weatherall - 951 plays
- Lobsters in the Living Room - 936 plays
- fabric podcast 13: Howie B (pt.2) - 1,178 plays
- fabric podcast 3: Doc Scott - 849 plays
- fabric podcast 10: Peanut Butter Wolf and James Pants - 849 plays
- fabric podcast 22: Jazzanova - 873 plays
- Camera - 1,370 plays
- Orange and Red - 1,435 plays