1 Shouts - 2,611 Scrobbles
Ezra Sims (born January 16, 1928 in Birmingham, Alabama) is one of the pioneers in the field of microtonal composition. He invented a system of notation which was adopted by many microtonal composers after him, including Joseph Maneri. His professional debut (12 note ET music) occurred on a Composers Forum program in New York, 1959. In 1960, compelled by his ear, he began writing microtonal music, and has continued to do so ever since, with the occasional exception being taped music for dancers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All Done From Memory - (7:49) - 19 plays
- Two For One - (11:45) - 15 plays
- Sextet - (21:47) - 15 plays
- And As I Was Saying - (5:27) - 15 plays
- Concert Piece: Excited - (2:22) - 3 plays
- Solo In Four Movements: I. Introduction - (3:20) - 2 plays
- Quintet: IV. Sustained And Floating - (4:18) - 2 plays
- Solo In Four Movements: III. Meditation - (5:10) - 2 plays
- Solo In Four Movements: IV. Conclusion - (3:28) - 2 plays
- Solo In Four Movements: II. Oration - (2:49) - 2 plays