0 Shouts - 359,136 Scrobbles
Eyvindur (Eyvind) Kang (b. Corvallis, Oregon, United States, around 1972) is an American composer, violinist, tubist, and erhu player. He was raised in Canada and the United States, and has since lived and worked in countries ranging from Italy to Iceland.Read More...
Kang's work is difficult to classify, but can broadly be seen as a classical approach to jazz music with punk, ambient, and traditional folk influences. However, each of his solo efforts is almost in a different genre. Kang has also worked with musicians including Mike Patton, John Zorn, Trey Spruance, Tim Young, Marc Ribot and Beck, supporting the latter during a 2000 tour of Japan. In addition, he has been a guest musician on many albums, including Bill Frisell's Quartet (1994), Secret Chiefs 3's Book M and playing the viola on five of Laura Veirs' albums.
Kang lives on Vashon Island, near Seattle, Washington.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I am the Dead - 21,071 plays
- Marriage of Days - 17,481 plays
- Doorway to the Sun - 12,953 plays
- Sidi Bou Said - 11,804 plays
- Taksim - 11,643 plays
- Go In A Good Way To A Better Place - 14,284 plays
- Occultum Lapidem - 11,279 plays
- Innocent Eye, Crystal See - 13,845 plays
- Virginal Co-ordinates - 10,513 plays
- Harbour of the NADE - 10,463 plays