0 Shouts - 10,546,739 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist with this name:Read More...
1) Example is a rapper from Fulham, West London in the United Kingdom. Formerly signed to The Beats label run by Mike Skinner (The Streets)
2) Example is also an underground hiphop duo from Houston, Texas.
1. Example's birth name is Elliot Gleave. According to the Kickstarts Songfacts, Gleave's performing name goes back to his schooldays when he was rapping in the playground and some guy nicknamed him Example from his initials EG.
- His first album, a mix-tape called "We Didn't Invent The Remix" Feb 2007 feature's samples from a diverse mixture of artists including Lily Allen, The Rolling Stones, José González & also
- Britney Spears on the Infamous Toxic Breath.
- He followed that in Sept 2007 with his official debut album, (released on The Beats) called "What We Made" produced by Rusher. which was received well by the British public.
- prior to The Beats disbanding.
- He then went on to release "What We Almost Made" May 2008 on All The Chats, which was a mixture of songs that didn't make it onto "What We Made" & new ones.
- After the release of "WWAM" Example took a fresh direction in style, and became very versatile and can cross over into several genres with ease.
- Towards the end of 2008, saw Example work with the likes of Don Diablo experimenting with Electro dance music.
- 2009 was an exciting year for Example, releasing the absolutely free mix tape "The Credit Munch (and Redux package) in February, supporting Calvin Harris on his UK and headlining his own Wonky Pop tour with Flamboyant Bella
- Which brings us nicely to "Hooligans" Example co single with Don Diablo, which blurs dancefloors with moshpits into one. released on 29/06/2009 is sure to be his biggest hit to date, getting regular plays on Radio 1, and by DJ's up & down the country.
- The Launch Party for "Hooligans" saw Zane Lowe who has championed Example on his Radio 1 show, support with a DJ set.
- His next Single after Hooligans, was called "Watch The Sun Come Up" which is came out in September and made its way into the Top 20.
- His next single was called "Won't Go Quietly", which was released on 17th January 2010.
Example's Latest offering takes the form of his "Playing in the Shadows" album, released 4 September 2011 through Ministry of Sound. No colabs are featured on this album however a variety of producers have a noticeable influence on the sound and the album follows his previous move into the dance and electro genre.
Singles from the album include:
-Changed the Way You Kiss Me
-Midnight Run (scheduled to be released on 4th December 2011)
2. Example consists of rapper: Kay and producer Cipher. They are signed to Beat Farm, where they released the Impulse EP back in 1997. They also released two singles on Vinyl in 2000 titled 'We Write The Songs / That Is...' & 'The Price You Gotta' Pay... (Pt. 2) / Them From "Id Est"'. Unfortunately no debut album came out of the duo.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI've never been afraid of the highest heights
Or afraid of flying now
I've never been afraid of the wildest fights
Not afraid of dying
But now I want off this ride cuz your scaring me and I don't like where were going
- LyricsYou want me to come over, I got an excuse
Might be holding your hand, but I'm holding it loose
Go to talk, then we choke, it's like our neck's in a noose
Avoid the obvious, we should be facing the truth
Start to think it could be fizzlin' now
- LyricsHey, good morning
Hey, it's calling
Hey, good morning
Watch the sun come up
- LyricsIf we don't kill ourselves we'll be the leaders of a messed up generation.
If we don't kid ourselves will they believe us if we tell them the reasons why
Did we take it too far, take it too far
Did we chase the rabbit into wonderland
Lose a hundred grand, will they understand
- Kickstarts (Radio Edit) - 160,228 plays
- Won't Go Quietly - 378,095 plays
- Midnight Run - 316,281 plays
- Won't Go Quietly (Radio Edit) - 131,951 plays
- Kickstarts (Bar 9 Remix) - 188,878 plays
- Last Ones Standing - 182,241 plays