3 Shouts - 150,083 Scrobbles
Eugene Ormandy (November 18, 1899–March 13, 1985) was a Hungarian-American conductor and violinist. Biography
Eugene Ormandy, born Jenő Blau in Budapest, Hungary, began studying the violin at the National Hungarian Royal Academy of Music, now the Franz Liszt Academy of Music at the age of five. He gave his first concerts as a violinist at age seven, and graduated at fourteen with a master's degree. In 1920, he obtained a university degree in philosophy. In 1921 he moved to the United States of America (taking his name from the ship on which he traveled, the SS Normandie).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ave Maria - Vocal - (4:43) - 1,539 plays
- O Come, O Come, Emanuel - Vocal - (3:32) - 1,598 plays
- Serenade - (4:24) - 603 plays
- Cantata No. 147, BWV 147: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - (3:15) - 563 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 30: Intermezzo: Adagio - (8:40) - 319 plays
- Ave Maria - (5:25) - 350 plays
- The Blue Danube - (8:44) - 331 plays
- Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: Adagio - (13:01) - 1,888 plays
- Orpheo ed Euridice, Act II: "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" - (3:27) - 192 plays
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - 295 plays