3 Shouts - 143,408 Scrobbles
Eugene Ormandy (November 18, 1899–March 13, 1985) was a Hungarian-American conductor and violinist. Biography
Eugene Ormandy, born Jenő Blau in Budapest, Hungary, began studying the violin at the National Hungarian Royal Academy of Music, now the Franz Liszt Academy of Music at the age of five. He gave his first concerts as a violinist at age seven, and graduated at fourteen with a master's degree. In 1920, he obtained a university degree in philosophy. In 1921 he moved to the United States of America (taking his name from the ship on which he traveled, the SS Normandie).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ave Maria - Vocal - (4:43) - 1,532 plays
- O Come, O Come, Emanuel - Vocal - (3:32) - 1,592 plays
- Serenade - (4:24) - 671 plays
- Cantata No. 147, BWV 147: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - (3:15) - 521 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 30: Intermezzo: Adagio - (8:40) - 311 plays
- Ave Maria - (5:25) - 300 plays
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - 302 plays
- Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: Adagio - (13:01) - 1,011 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation I: Flute, Piccolo (Presto) - (0:35) - 167 plays
- Orpheo ed Euridice, Act II: "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" - (3:27) - 181 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online