3 Shouts - 103,541 Scrobbles
Eugene Ormandy (November 18, 1899–March 13, 1985) was a Hungarian-American conductor and violinist. Biography
Eugene Ormandy, born Jenő Blau in Budapest, Hungary, began studying the violin at the National Hungarian Royal Academy of Music, now the Franz Liszt Academy of Music at the age of five. He gave his first concerts as a violinist at age seven, and graduated at fourteen with a master's degree. In 1920, he obtained a university degree in philosophy. In 1921 he moved to the United States of America (taking his name from the ship on which he traveled, the SS Normandie).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fanfare for the Common Man - (1:17) - 234 plays
- Adagio for Strings, Op.11 - (6:24) - 363 plays
- The Blue Danube - (8:44) - 182 plays
- Night On Bald Mountain - 128 plays
- Orpheo ed Euridice, Act II: "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" - (3:27) - 133 plays
- Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 - (7:43) - 174 plays
- Danse Macabre, Op. 40 - (7:34) - 170 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation I: Flute, Piccolo (Presto) - (0:35) - 113 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation II: Oboes (Lento) - (1:00) - 106 plays
- Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1, Op. 46: In the Hall of the Mountain King - (2:48) - 126 plays