3 Shouts - 117,064 Scrobbles
Eugene Ormandy (November 18, 1899–March 13, 1985) was a Hungarian-American conductor and violinist. Biography
Eugene Ormandy, born Jenő Blau in Budapest, Hungary, began studying the violin at the National Hungarian Royal Academy of Music, now the Franz Liszt Academy of Music at the age of five. He gave his first concerts as a violinist at age seven, and graduated at fourteen with a master's degree. In 1920, he obtained a university degree in philosophy. In 1921 he moved to the United States of America (taking his name from the ship on which he traveled, the SS Normandie).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ave Maria - Vocal - (4:43) - 615 plays
- O Come, O Come, Emanuel - Vocal - (3:32) - 562 plays
- Fanfare for the Common Man - (1:17) - 336 plays
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas - (2:04) - 368 plays
- Serenade - (4:24) - 329 plays
- Orpheo ed Euridice, Act II: "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" - (3:27) - 247 plays
- The Little Drummer Boy - (2:28) - 242 plays
- Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly - (1:48) - 184 plays
- Adagio for Strings, Op.11 - (6:24) - 402 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation I: Flute, Piccolo (Presto) - (0:35) - 162 plays