3 Shouts - 125,355 Scrobbles
Eugene Ormandy (November 18, 1899–March 13, 1985) was a Hungarian-American conductor and violinist. Biography
Eugene Ormandy, born Jenő Blau in Budapest, Hungary, began studying the violin at the National Hungarian Royal Academy of Music, now the Franz Liszt Academy of Music at the age of five. He gave his first concerts as a violinist at age seven, and graduated at fourteen with a master's degree. In 1920, he obtained a university degree in philosophy. In 1921 he moved to the United States of America (taking his name from the ship on which he traveled, the SS Normandie).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Serenade - (4:24) - 590 plays
- Orpheo ed Euridice, Act II: "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" - (3:27) - 158 plays
- The Blue Danube - (8:44) - 181 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation XI: Trumpets (Vivace) - (0:34) - 139 plays
- Adagio for Strings, Op.11 - (6:24) - 204 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation I: Flute, Piccolo (Presto) - (0:35) - 151 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation II: Oboes (Lento) - (1:00) - 139 plays
- Concerto No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 30: Intermezzo: Adagio - (8:40) - 124 plays
- Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: Adagio - (13:01) - 671 plays
- The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Variation IV: Bassoons (Allegro alla marcia) - (0:56) - 134 plays