1 Shouts - 4,933 Scrobbles
( December 7, 1887;Vienna - October 1, 1964 Los Angeles ) Toch was an Austrian composer of classical music and film scores. He sought to introduce new ideas and approaches to music. He studied philosophy at the university of Vienna and medicine at Heidelberg. His main instrument was the piano, and he was a pianist of concert stature. Much of his creative output aimed toward the piano. He was a self-taught composer, and in America he came to instruct new generations of composers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I. Ansturmend, ziemlich rasch (Roter Wirbeltanz) - (4:49) - 18 plays
- Burlesken, Op. 31: No. 3. Der Jongleur: Muito vivo (Sehr lebhaft) - (1:54) - 12 plays
- No. 1. Andante cantabile - (2:53) - 10 plays
- IV. Allegro vivace - (4:19) - 10 plays
- No. 1. Gemachlich - (4:13) - 8 plays
- III. Calm, fluent, tender - (1:43) - 9 plays
- II. Moderato - (3:05) - 10 plays
- Miniature Overture - (2:39) - 5 plays
- II. Agitato - (3:09) - 5 plays
- III. Allegro molto animato: quarter note = 100 - (2:37) - 5 plays