215 Shouts - 1,557,222 Scrobbles
Eric Allan Dolphy (June 20, 1928 – June 29, 1964) was a jazz musician who played alto saxophone, flute and bass clarinet and was educated at Los Angeles City College. Dolphy was the first important bass clarinet soloist in jazz, and one of the first viable flute soloists in jazz. On early recordings, he occasionally played traditional B-flat clarinet. His unique and individual style utilized wide intervals, speech-like effects and exotic scales.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hat and Beard - (8:25) - 5,204 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - (1:29) - 3,452 plays
- Gazzelloni - (6:12) - 3,126 plays
- Out to Lunch - (12:10) - 2,804 plays
- Straight Up and Down - (8:21) - 2,470 plays
- Serene - (6:58) - 1,873 plays
- Out There - (6:54) - 1,788 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - 1999 - Remaster - (6:04) - 1,325 plays
- Hat And Beard (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) 1999 - Remaster - (8:24) - 1,389 plays
- Miss Ann - (5:36) - 1,361 plays