210 Shouts - 1,478,227 Scrobbles
Eric Allan Dolphy (June 20, 1928 – June 29, 1964) was a jazz musician who played alto saxophone, flute and bass clarinet and was educated at Los Angeles City College. Dolphy was the first important bass clarinet soloist in jazz, and one of the first viable flute soloists in jazz. On early recordings, he occasionally played traditional B-flat clarinet. His unique and individual style utilized wide intervals, speech-like effects and exotic scales.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hat and Beard - (8:25) - 5,355 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - (1:29) - 4,190 plays
- Gazzelloni - (6:12) - 3,521 plays
- Out to Lunch - (12:10) - 3,084 plays
- Straight Up and Down - (8:21) - 2,683 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - 1999 - Remaster - (6:04) - 1,796 plays
- Hat And Beard (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) 1999 - Remaster - (8:24) - 1,702 plays
- Serene - (6:58) - 1,990 plays
- Out There - (6:51) - 1,645 plays
- Miss Ann - (5:36) - 1,376 plays