206 Shouts - 1,383,995 Scrobbles
Eric Allan Dolphy (June 20, 1928 – June 29, 1964) was a jazz musician who played alto saxophone, flute and bass clarinet and was educated at Los Angeles City College. Dolphy was the first important bass clarinet soloist in jazz, and one of the first viable flute soloists in jazz. On early recordings, he occasionally played traditional B-flat clarinet. His unique and individual style utilized wide intervals, speech-like effects and exotic scales.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hat and Beard - (8:27) - 4,547 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - (1:29) - 4,208 plays
- Gazzelloni - (6:12) - 3,723 plays
- Out to Lunch - (12:10) - 2,792 plays
- Straight Up and Down - (8:21) - 2,513 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - 1999 - Remaster - (6:04) - 1,520 plays
- Serene - (6:37) - 1,829 plays
- Hat And Beard (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) 1999 - Remaster - (8:24) - 1,462 plays
- Out There - (6:54) - 1,797 plays
- Miss Ann - (5:36) - 1,442 plays