212 Shouts - 1,514,830 Scrobbles
Eric Allan Dolphy (June 20, 1928 – June 29, 1964) was a jazz musician who played alto saxophone, flute and bass clarinet and was educated at Los Angeles City College. Dolphy was the first important bass clarinet soloist in jazz, and one of the first viable flute soloists in jazz. On early recordings, he occasionally played traditional B-flat clarinet. His unique and individual style utilized wide intervals, speech-like effects and exotic scales.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hat and Beard - (8:25) - 4,882 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - (1:29) - 3,422 plays
- Gazzelloni - (6:12) - 3,026 plays
- Out to Lunch - (12:10) - 2,657 plays
- Straight Up and Down - (8:21) - 2,357 plays
- Serene - (6:58) - 1,880 plays
- Out There - (6:54) - 1,608 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - 1999 - Remaster - (6:04) - 1,320 plays
- Hat And Beard (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) 1999 - Remaster - (8:24) - 1,387 plays
- Miss Ann - (5:36) - 1,353 plays