212 Shouts - 1,505,532 Scrobbles
Eric Allan Dolphy (June 20, 1928 – June 29, 1964) was a jazz musician who played alto saxophone, flute and bass clarinet and was educated at Los Angeles City College. Dolphy was the first important bass clarinet soloist in jazz, and one of the first viable flute soloists in jazz. On early recordings, he occasionally played traditional B-flat clarinet. His unique and individual style utilized wide intervals, speech-like effects and exotic scales.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hat and Beard - (8:25) - 5,192 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - (1:29) - 3,735 plays
- Gazzelloni - (6:12) - 3,248 plays
- Out to Lunch - (12:10) - 2,895 plays
- Straight Up and Down - (8:21) - 2,557 plays
- Serene - (6:58) - 1,981 plays
- Something Sweet, Something Tender - 1999 - Remaster - (6:04) - 1,423 plays
- Hat And Beard (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) 1999 - Remaster - (8:24) - 1,522 plays
- Out There - (6:54) - 1,640 plays
- Miss Ann - (5:36) - 1,378 plays