67 Shouts - 672,809 Scrobbles
Eric Victor Burdon (May 11, 1941 in Newcastle, England) is a singer. He formed The Animals in 1963, a blues rock group who were one of the early influences of punk rock. They were known for their organ-guitar sound and Burdon's aggressive show performance, screaming, growling and howling. In September 1966 he formed Eric Burdon & The Animals, a psychedelic/progressive/hard rock group, who influenced grunge, heavy metal and the modern alternative rock genre. When they disbanded in late 1968, Burdon formed War, an experimental funk/soul/jazz/blues/latin rock-outfit.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spill The Wine - (4:52) - 7,675 plays
- House of the Rising Sun - (4:37) - 3,118 plays
- Water - (4:23) - 788 plays
- Devil and Jesus - (4:23) - 699 plays
- Bo Diddley Special - (5:31) - 623 plays
- Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - (6:34) - 757 plays
- We Gotta Get Out Of This Place - (9:30) - 506 plays
- Wait - (3:46) - 454 plays
- Tobacco Road - (3:57) - 397 plays
- Gotta Serve Somebody - (4:56) - 392 plays