68 Shouts - 646,270 Scrobbles
Eric Victor Burdon (May 11, 1941 in Newcastle, England) is a singer. He formed The Animals in 1963, a blues rock group who were one of the early influences of punk rock. They were known for their organ-guitar sound and Burdon's aggressive show performance, screaming, growling and howling. In September 1966 he formed Eric Burdon & The Animals, a psychedelic/progressive/hard rock group, who influenced grunge, heavy metal and the modern alternative rock genre. When they disbanded in late 1968, Burdon formed War, an experimental funk/soul/jazz/blues/latin rock-outfit.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spill The Wine - (4:52) - 7,208 plays
- House of the Rising Sun - (4:37) - 3,327 plays
- Water - (4:23) - 1,239 plays
- Devil and Jesus - (4:23) - 869 plays
- Memorial Day - (4:39) - 727 plays
- Wait - (3:46) - 748 plays
- 27 Forever - (4:28) - 702 plays
- Bo Diddley Special - (5:31) - 671 plays
- Old Habits Die Hard - (4:01) - 667 plays
- Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - (6:34) - 717 plays