12 Shouts - 72,087 Scrobbles
Scotland's greatest living Australian. Or the other way around, depending on how you look at it. Born in Peebles, Scotland, and emigrating to Australia in 1969, he currently resides near Adelaide, South Australia. Written in 1972, And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda is perhaps his best-known song, being a haunting evocation of the ANZAC experience fighting in the Battle of Gallipoli. It has also been interpreted as a reaction to the Vietnam War.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda - (7:00) - 221 plays
- No Man's Land - (6:33) - 208 plays
- And The Band Played Waltzing Matlida - (6:59) - 136 plays
- Now I'm Easy - (4:08) - 101 plays
- The Gift of Years - (2:58) - 58 plays
- The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - (7:00) - 51 plays
- Leaving Nancy - (5:03) - 46 plays
- If Wishes Were Fishes - (4:11) - 30 plays
- A Reason for It All - (6:00) - 43 plays
- Singing The Spirit Home - (6:12) - 39 plays