19 Shouts - 21,684 Scrobbles
A lot of bands heard Slint's Spiderland, saw the light and decided to make the same kind of music, but few were as shameless about it as Seattle's Engine Kid. The five-song debut EP by the trio of Greg Anderson (vocals, guitars), Brian Kraft (bass) and Chris Vandebrooke (drums) pays homage to Slint to the point of claim-jumping. There's that very quiet - VERY LOUD - very quiet/weird time signatures dynamic (all over); there's the inaudible-story-with-instrumental-accompaniment thing ("Furnace"); there's a Neil Young cover, just like Slint used to do live.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Windshield - (3:22) - 155 plays
- Holes To Fight In - (6:23) - 68 plays
- Nailgun - (1:18) - 64 plays
- Bear Catching Fish - (4:51) - 64 plays
- Anchor - (7:07) - 48 plays
- Stitches - (5:33) - 59 plays
- Herbie Hancock - (1:34) - 48 plays
- Treasure Chest - (6:31) - 51 plays
- Fanbelt - (3:19) - 47 plays
- Rockford Files - (4:12) - 52 plays