1,130 Shouts - 3,905,670 Scrobbles
Empyrium is a German doom metal and (later) neofolk band. Founded in 1994, by Markus Stock (mostly using the pseudonym Ulf Theodor Schwadorf) and Andreas Bach. The band draws inspiration from nature as some of the album titles reveal. Consequently, Empyrium are often referred to as a dark folk band, expressing in their music (most conspicuously in the last two albums) sentiments akin to those expressed by some other 'legislators' of the genre, as Forseti, Orplid, and Ulver (Kveldssanger).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Blue Mists of Night - (6:24) - 8,188 plays
- Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays - (5:34) - 9,545 plays
- Mourners - (9:19) - 9,590 plays
- Dying Brokenhearted - (5:35) - 8,421 plays
- When Shadows Grow Longer - (2:32) - 6,179 plays
- The Days Before The Fall - (5:38) - 7,140 plays
- The Shepherd and the Maiden Ghost - (3:28) - 6,692 plays
- The Sad Song of the Wind - (2:55) - 6,314 plays
- Ode to Melancholy - (8:48) - 5,575 plays
- Many Moons Ago - (4:24) - 9,547 plays