1,185 Shouts - 4,140,569 Scrobbles
Empyrium is a German symphonic/folk/doom metal and (later) neofolk band. Founded in 1994, by Markus Stock (mostly using the pseudonym Ulf Theodor Schwadorf) and Andreas Bach. The band draws inspiration from nature as some of the album titles reveal. Consequently, Empyrium are often referred to as a dark folk band, expressing in their music (most conspicuously in the last two albums) sentiments akin to those expressed by some other 'legislators' of the genre, as Forseti, Orplid, and Ulver (Kveldssanger).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Days Before The Fall - (5:38) - 9,923 plays
- Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays - (5:34) - 7,795 plays
- Dying Brokenhearted - (5:35) - 7,966 plays
- LyricsMeagre trees in the shrouds,
as olde as the stones....
Mourners of abandond love,
fornever their woes shall grow silent.
O how many times may the moon has shone -
- Lyrics...and many a moon shall rise...
...and lead me into the cold embrace of the night
Here we drown in our grief, drown in an absence of light.
Here is no shelter; no escape from our heart,
Entwined in this tragic embrace I fear and bemourn to depart.
- Dead Winter Ways - (5:27) - 7,396 plays
- The Sad Song of the Wind - (2:55) - 5,688 plays
- The Shepherd and the Maiden Ghost - (3:28) - 5,495 plays
- Saviour - (6:32) - 5,398 plays
- When Shadows Grow Longer - (2:32) - 5,708 plays