1,185 Shouts - 4,185,293 Scrobbles
Empyrium is a German symphonic/folk/doom metal and (later) neofolk band. Founded in 1994, by Markus Stock (mostly using the pseudonym Ulf Theodor Schwadorf) and Andreas Bach. The band draws inspiration from nature as some of the album titles reveal. Consequently, Empyrium are often referred to as a dark folk band, expressing in their music (most conspicuously in the last two albums) sentiments akin to those expressed by some other 'legislators' of the genre, as Forseti, Orplid, and Ulver (Kveldssanger).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Days Before The Fall - (5:38) - 13,985 plays
- Dead Winter Ways - (5:27) - 11,818 plays
- Saviour - (6:32) - 10,026 plays
- Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays - (5:34) - 7,917 plays
- Dying Brokenhearted - (5:35) - 7,987 plays
- In The Gutter Of This Spring - (7:00) - 13,042 plays
- Mourners - (9:19) - 7,724 plays
- We Are Alone - (3:16) - 9,261 plays
- The Blue Mists of Night - (6:24) - 6,633 plays
- With The Current Into Grey - (7:33) - 8,454 plays