1,088 Shouts - 3,597,555 Scrobbles
Empyrium is a German doom metal and (later) neofolk band. Founded in 1994, by Markus Stock (mostly using the pseudonym Ulf Theodor Schwadorf) and Andreas Bach. The band draws inspiration from nature as some of the album titles reveal. Consequently, Empyrium are often referred to as a dark folk band, expressing in their music (most conspicuously in the last two albums) sentiments akin to those expressed by some other 'legislators' of the genre, as Forseti, Orplid, and Ulver (Kveldssanger).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics...and many a moon shall rise...
...and lead me into the cold embrace of the night
Here we drown in our grief, drown in an absence of light.
Here is no shelter; no escape from our heart,
Entwined in this tragic embrace I fear and bemourn to depart.
- LyricsA bed of moss was granted,
she laid down with a sigh,
Embraced by the green blankets
she kissed the world goodbye
- LyricsMeagre trees in the shrouds,
as olde as the stones....
Mourners of abandonåd love,
fornever their woes shall grow silent.
O how many times may the moon has shone -
- LyricsWhen through the starry night
the mists of autumn glide
the air is filled with tragedies of olden times
Where with a dreadful tone
a nightbird plays its song
- LyricsWhen shadows grow longer
and the sun sets for the forthcoming night;
our sorrow is stronger
as darkness and death are now near by our side.
Many a sun will set and tears of grief will be shed...
- The Sad Song of the Wind - (2:55) - 6,027 plays
- The Shepherd and the Maiden Ghost - (3:28) - 6,997 plays
- Wehmut - (3:03) - 5,288 plays
- Ode to Melancholy - (8:48) - 5,142 plays
- Waldpoesie - (2:05) - 5,435 plays