1,193 Shouts - 4,254,397 Scrobbles
Empyrium is a German symphonic/folk/doom metal and (later) neofolk band. Founded in 1994, by Markus Stock (mostly using the pseudonym Ulf Theodor Schwadorf) and Andreas Bach. The band draws inspiration from nature as some of the album titles reveal. Consequently, Empyrium are often referred to as a dark folk band, expressing in their music (most conspicuously in the last two albums) sentiments akin to those expressed by some other 'legislators' of the genre, as Forseti, Orplid, and Ulver (Kveldssanger).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Days Before The Fall - (5:38) - 18,027 plays
- Dead Winter Ways - (5:27) - 16,654 plays
- Saviour - (6:32) - 14,889 plays
- In The Gutter Of This Spring - (7:00) - 18,627 plays
- We Are Alone - (3:16) - 13,312 plays
- With The Current Into Grey - (7:33) - 12,527 plays
- The Turn Of The Tides - (8:04) - 12,056 plays
- Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays - (5:34) - 7,559 plays
- Dying Brokenhearted - (5:35) - 7,579 plays
- Mourners - (9:19) - 7,152 plays