1,122 Shouts - 3,810,961 Scrobbles
Empyrium is a German doom metal and (later) neofolk band. Founded in 1994, by Markus Stock (mostly using the pseudonym Ulf Theodor Schwadorf) and Andreas Bach. The band draws inspiration from nature as some of the album titles reveal. Consequently, Empyrium are often referred to as a dark folk band, expressing in their music (most conspicuously in the last two albums) sentiments akin to those expressed by some other 'legislators' of the genre, as Forseti, Orplid, and Ulver (Kveldssanger).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics...and many a moon shall rise...
...and lead me into the cold embrace of the night
Here we drown in our grief, drown in an absence of light.
Here is no shelter; no escape from our heart,
Entwined in this tragic embrace I fear and bemourn to depart.
- Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays - (5:34) - 8,529 plays
- Mourners - (9:19) - 8,284 plays
- LyricsA bed of moss was granted,
she laid down with a sigh,
Embraced by the green blankets
she kissed the world goodbye
- LyricsWhen shadows grow longer
and the sun sets for the forthcoming night;
our sorrow is stronger
as darkness and death are now near by our side.
Many a sun will set and tears of grief will be shed...
- The Shepherd and the Maiden Ghost - (3:28) - 6,635 plays
- The Sad Song of the Wind - (2:55) - 5,954 plays
- The Days Before The Fall - (5:38) - 5,964 plays
- Ode to Melancholy - (8:48) - 5,079 plays
- Wehmut - (3:03) - 5,191 plays