Emil von Sauer
0 Shouts - 6,336 Scrobbles
Emil George Conrad von Sauer (October 8, 1862 in Hamburg – April 27, 1942 in Vienna) was a notable German composer, pianist, score editor, and music (piano) teacher. He was a pupil of Franz Liszt and one of the most remarkable pianists of his generation, emphasizing the original Liszt approach to pianism as well as a strong Romantic approach to a musical technique that demanded a total command of the keyboard in what was known as the Liszt School of piano.Read More...
Some of his pupils continued on to successful concert careers including Webster Aitken, Stefan Askenase, Robert Goldsand, Ignace Hilsberg, Maryla Jonas, Lubka Kolessa, Elly Ney, Ozan Marsh, Dario Raucea, and Marie Aimée Varro.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Impromptu in G flat, Op. 90, No. 3 (Listz Edition, in G major) (Schubert) - 803 plays
- Piano Concerto in A minor, Op. 54 - Intermezzo. Andante grazioso (Schumann) - 748 plays
- Sonata No. 1 - Intermezzo (Sauer) - 479 plays
- Fantasiestücke, Op. 12, No. 7 - Traumeswirren (Schumann) - 317 plays
- Minuetto vecchio, Op. 18, No. 3 (Sgambati) - 272 plays
- Etude in C minor, Op. 25, No. 12 (Chopin) - 235 plays
- Piano Concerto in A minor, Op. 54 - Finale. Allegro vivace (Schumann) - 148 plays
- Bolero, Op. 19 (Chopin) - 98 plays
- Nocturne in E flat, Op. 9, No. 2 (Chopin) - 64 plays
- Echo de Vienne - 56 plays