0 Shouts - 1,961,258 Scrobbles
1. Emeralds were an Ambient / Drone / Electronic music trio from Cleveland, Ohio, United States. Musicians John Elliott, Steve Hauschildt, and Mark McGuire began playing music together under the name Fancelions in 2005 in the western suburbs of Cleveland. However, due to a desire to simplify and focus more on live improvisation, they soon re-formed as Emeralds.Read More...
Playing their first show under that name in June 2006, they saw that their project had a lot of room to grow. Since then, the group released over forty recordings, most notably the album 'Does It Look Like I'm Here?', That work was released on Editions Mego in 2010, and the same independent record label released 'Just To Feel Anything', Emeralds' final album, in 2012.
Mark McGuire and Steve Hauschildt have since performed and recorded under their own names. John Elliott recently performs and records under such pseudonyms as Outer Space, Imaginary Softwoods, and Colored Mushroom and the Medicine Rocks. In addition to solo work, many collaborative efforts have emerged over the last few years as well.
Emeralds are noted for playing a role in modernizing the 'Berlin School' of electronic music. Their material have cross-pollinated such genres as Ambient music, Kosmische music, and Minimalism-based works. Mark McGuire left the band in January of 2013. Steve Hauschildt initially said Emeralds would go on as a duo. Yet weeks later he announced his departure as well, and the dissolution of Emeralds as a whole came about.
2. Emeralds is also an Italian dance / eurobeat vocalist who has appeared on the Love Para² compilation series, among other album collections.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Double Helix - 138,642 plays
- The Cycle of Abuse - 137,238 plays
- Science Center - 121,341 plays
- Genetic - 110,176 plays
- Goes By - 109,617 plays
- Does It Look Like I'm Here? - 91,262 plays
- Now You See Me - 90,589 plays
- Summerdata - 84,051 plays
- It Doesn't Arrive - 78,932 plays