0 Shouts - 5,401,147 Scrobbles
Embrace is the name of more than one artist:Read More...
1) five-piece alternative rock band from Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England
2) a short-lived post-hardcore band from Washington, D.C., USA
3) a collaboration between dutch trance producers Ferry Corsten and Raz Nitzan
4) a Gothic Metal band from Toronto, Canada
1) Embrace are a five-piece alternative rock band from Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England, consisting of brothers Danny McNamara (singer) and Richard McNamara(guitarist) as well as Steve Firth (bassist ), Mickey Dale (keyboardist ), and Mike Heaton (drummer).
With three #1 albums, six top ten singles, sold out arena shows and well over a million album sales behind them, as well as being chosen to record the official England World Cup song, Embrace were on the crest of a wave when they suddenly vanished without a trace.
In April 2014 after eight years of silence, Embrace released their first studio album since 2006. Conveying a rawer, darker sound whilst still keeping their signature anthems and huge choruses. The self-titled new album ‘Embrace’ on Cooking Vinyl reached No 5 in the UK Charts on release.
Embrace have now released six studio albums, " The Good Will Out " (8th June 1998), " Drawn From Memory " (27th March 2000), " If You've Never Been " (3rd September 2001), " Out of Nothing " (13th September 2004) and most recently, " This New Day " (27th March 2006). " Embrace " (28th April 2014)They have also released two compilation albums: one of singles, " Fireworks " (25th March 2002) and one of B-sides, " Dry Kids " (31st October 2005).
2) Embrace was a short-lived post-hardcore band from Washington, D.C., often cited as pioneering the Revolution Summer movement and by extension indie pop/rock, from the summer of 1985 to the spring of 1986. The group was primarily noteworthy because of its well-known members, joining Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat and The Teen Idles with guitarist Michael Hampton, drummer Ivor Hanson, and bassist Chris Bald, all former members of the pioneering band Faith. Hampton had also played in S.O.A. with Henry Garfield (later known as Henry Rollins). All four members had been involved in popular and influential bands in the nascent D.C. punk scene since the late 1970s. The only album released by the quartet was their self-titled album Embrace.
For hardcore icon MacKaye, Embrace represented a transitional project between the short and fast sound of his youth and the later melodic tones of his current work (after his often maligned Egg Hunt project with Dischord Records co-founder Jeff Nelson, and the Ministry crossover Pailhead). MacKaye eventually teamed up with former members of Rites of Spring to form the long-running punk outfit Fugazi, while Hampton earlier played with Fugazi’s Guy Picciotto, as well as Embrace’s co-producer Edward Janney, in One Last Wish. Bald moved on to the band Ignition, and drummer Ivor Hanson paired up with Hampton again in 1992 for Manifesto.
3) Embrace is a new collaboration between dutch trance producers Ferry Corsten and Raz Nitzan, the latter best known as part of the vocal team Raz & Adrian.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHoney, it's been a long time coming
And I can't stop now.
Such a long time running
And I can't stop now.
Do you hear my heart beating?
- LyricsI've waited and given the chance again
I'd do it all the same, but either way
I'm always outplayed, up on your down days
I left it the right way, to start again
Now watch me rise up and leave
- LyricsCome back to what you know
Take everything real slow
I wanna lose you but I can't let you go
Before you interfere
Let me make it loud and clear
- LyricsI told the Devil and the deep blue sea to hide
I thought that you were after them, I was right
But it's a picture I'll always keep in mind
Where you say I've never been even liked for anything truly mine
And you did it looking as you are
- LyricsI feel like I meant something
You always say, you need more time
Well, I'll stay right here
And I'll wait for good until I find a love worth mine
Someday, you've got it coming
- My Weakness Is None Of Your Business - 107,706 plays
- Nature's Law - 162,551 plays
- Fireworks - 99,764 plays
- Keeping - 89,947 plays
- I Can't Come Down - 96,593 plays