1 Shouts - 7,605 Scrobbles
Elsie Carlisle (28 January 1896 – November 1977) was a popular English female singer during the British dance band era of the 1920s and 1930s.
Originally from Manchester, Elsie recorded with many of the big dance bands of the time, as well as solo. She recorded very little after the beginning of the Second World War, and retired from the entertainment industry after about 1946. Her business interests included ballroom dancing venues in south London, a company manufacturing bar accessories, a pub in central London and a hotel/pub in Berkshire.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pu-Leeze! Mister Hemingway! - (2:39) - 195 plays
- Exactly Like You - (3:06) - 90 plays
- The Clouds Will Soon Roll By - (3:13) - 59 plays
- Please Leave My Butter Alone - 14 plays
- I Love My Baby - (2:56) - 11 plays
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square - (3:02) - 11 plays
- Two Sleepy People - (3:15) - 9 plays
- A Nightingale Sang In Berekely Square - (3:12) - 7 plays
- Little White Lies - (3:02) - 5 plays
- You're My Everything - (2:53) - 7 plays