2 Shouts - 69,673 Scrobbles
Ellis Marsalis is regarded by many as the premier modern jazz pianist in New Orleans. Born on November 14, 1934, he began formal music studies at the Xavier University junior school of music at age eleven. After high school Marsalis enrolled in Dillard University (New Orleans) as a clarinet major. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in music education in 1955. Marsalis spent the next year working as an assistant manager in his fathers motel business.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Somehow - (4:31) - 687 plays
- A Moment Alone - (4:24) - 267 plays
- A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square - (3:16) - 436 plays
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - (3:06) - 304 plays
- 12's It - (3:31) - 188 plays
- O Tannenbaum - (1:29) - 172 plays
- Heart Of Gold - (3:42) - 130 plays
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - (4:40) - 177 plays
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen (feat. Bill Huntington & Jason Marsalis) - (1:30) - 138 plays
- I Can't Give You Anything But Love - (5:19) - 102 plays