7,575 Shouts - 87,606,819 Scrobbles
Steven Paul "Elliott" Smith (August 6, 1969 – October 21, 2003) was an American songwriter and musician. Smith was born in Omaha, Nebraska, raised primarily in Texas, and resided for a significant portion of his life in Portland, Oregon, where he first gained popularity. His primary instrument was the guitar, but he was also proficient at piano, clarinet, bass, drums and harmonica. Smith had a distinctive vocal style characterized by his "whispery, spiderweb-thin delivery" and use of multi-tracking to create vocal harmonies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Between the Bars - (2:21) - 186,874 plays
- Angeles - (2:55) - 118,526 plays
- Say Yes - (2:15) - 100,977 plays
- Needle in the Hay - (4:16) - 93,637 plays
- Somebody That I Used To Know - (2:09) - 61,330 plays
- Waltz #2 (XO) - (4:40) - 58,075 plays
- Ballad of Big Nothing - (2:46) - 62,799 plays
- Speed Trials - (3:00) - 56,576 plays
- Alameda - (3:42) - 57,354 plays
- Pictures of Me - (3:50) - 50,269 plays