675 Shouts - 22,122,694 Scrobbles
Ella Jane Fitzgerald (April 25, 1917 – June 15, 1996) was an American jazz vocalist with a vocal range spanning three octaves (D♭3 to D♭6). Often referred to as the "First Lady of Song" and the "Queen of Jazz," she was noted for her purity of tone, impeccable diction, phrasing and intonation, and a "horn-like" improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing.
Fitzgerald was a notable interpreter of the Great American Songbook.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsStars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper, I love you
Birds singin' in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me
Say nighty-night and kiss me
- LyricsHeaven, I'm in heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
Heaven, I'm in heaven
- LyricsSay, it's only a paper moon
Sailing over a cardboard sea
But it wouldn't be make-believe
If you believed in me
Yes, it's only a canvas sky
- LyricsSummertime and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Your daddy's rich and your ma is good lookin'
So hush, little baby, don't you cry
One of these mornin's, you're gonna rise up singin'
- LyricsWe are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Single Version - (3:05) - 9,666 plays
- Someone To Watch Over Me - (4:34) - 10,324 plays
- Manhattan - (2:50) - 9,957 plays
- They Can’t Take That Away from Me - (4:38) - 9,630 plays
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - (3:33) - 9,265 plays