0 Shouts - 345,901 Scrobbles
There are are at least two bands named Elephant Stone:Read More...
1. An indie pop band from Montreal, Canada.
2. An alternative rock band from Czestochowa, Poland
1. Just one short year after the release of their acclaimed, Polaris Music Prize-nominated debut The Seven Seas, Montreal’s Elephant Stone returns with The Glass Box EP. Shunning the convenience of modern digital recording, The Glass Box EP was recorded on a vintage Neve console (allegedly used by Led Zeppelin during the Physical Graffiti sessions) to a 16-track 2″ tape machine at Montreal’s infamous Breakglass Studios. Working within the creative confines of an all-analog recording and mixing process, Elephant Stone has given birth to a 5-song suite of inspired power-pop/psyche classics.
Elephant Stone is the brainchild of multi-instrumentalist Rishi Dhir. A founding member of Montreal pop / psyche veterans the High Dials, Rishi grew disillusioned with the Rock n’ Roll lifestyle and went out on his own in 2006. He spent the next few years studying Indian classical music and performing sitar on records by drone-rock heroes the Black Angels (they named a song after him) and prog-prop innovators the Earlies. In 2008, he found himself drawn back to his love of pop music and The Seven Seas was born. Perfectly melding Rishi’s obsession with the perfect pop song and the trippiest raga, The Seven Seas was warmly embraced by the global indie-scene and long-listed for the 2009 Polaris Music Prize.
The Glass Box EP builds upon the promise shining through on The Seven Seas as Elephant Stone continues to delivery power-pop/psyche (or as they call it–tongue planted firmly in cheek–”hindie-rock”) gems. The Glass Box EP is being lovingly released around the world digitally and on beautiful 12″ vinyl with artwork by *Pardon My Hindi.
2010 will be Elephant Stone’s busiest year yet: a Spring US/Canda tour with cult-heroes, and old friends, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, an inaugural summer tour of the UK/Europe, and North American fall dates with fellow Montrealers The Besnard Lakes.
Elephant Stone is:
Rishi Dhir: vocals, bass, sitar, geetar
Bobby Fraser: keys
Gab Lambert: geetar, bass, backing vocals
Mike O’Brien: geetar, bass, backing vocals
Jules Pampena: drums, backing vocals
2. Poland's Elephant Stone appeared on the scene at the beginning of 2006. The name of the band comes from the title of the first single by The Stone Roses.
The members of the band admit that they are inspired by groups like: Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., Pixies, Pavement, Built to Spill, The Smashing Pumpkins, Broken Social Scene, …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Radiohead, Ride, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Wrens and Modest Mouse .
Band members are: Robert Kafel (vocals, guitars), Piotr Rogoziński (guitars, vocals), Artur Koziorowski (bass), Adam Rogoziński (guitars), Wojciech Wójcik (drums) http://www.elephantstone.art.pl/
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Heavy Moon - 23,191 plays
- Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin - 24,186 plays
- Setting Sun - 19,344 plays
- How Long - 16,758 plays
- Masters of War - 14,502 plays
- A Silent Moment - 14,569 plays
- Bombs Bomb Away - 11,044 plays
- Hold Onto Yr Soul - 11,297 plays
- Sally Go Round the Sun - 11,977 plays
- I Am Blind - 10,417 plays