28 Shouts - 99,728 Scrobbles
The Electric Eels were formed by John Morton (guitar), Dave "E" McManus (vocals, clarinet), and Brian McMahon (guitar), all ex-pupils of Lakewood High School, Cleveland, in 1972. The three had been to see a Captain Beefheart gig and been unimpressed enough by the support band to decide that they could do better themselves. Morton was also influenced by free jazz: "I remember listening to Ornette Coleman, John Cale, Sun Ra and Albert Ayler.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Agitated - (2:10) - 331 plays
- Cyclotron - (2:06) - 164 plays
- Jaguar Ride - (1:47) - 127 plays
- Tidal Wave - (2:22) - 125 plays
- Accident - (3:23) - 110 plays
- Anxiety - (3:49) - 94 plays
- You're Full of Shit - (2:33) - 97 plays
- Cold Meat - (2:13) - 80 plays
- Refrigerator - (3:28) - 63 plays
- Natural Situation - (5:25) - 68 plays