41 Shouts - 246,466 Scrobbles
Born in Detroit, Michigan, Eldra Patrick DeBarge was born the fifth of eight brothers and sixth of ten DeBarge family members. In 1972, newly divorced from her abusive husband, El's mother Etterlene moved her children from Detroit to Grand Rapids, Michigan. Like his siblings, El participated in the local church choir and was labeled a child prodigy thanks to his skills as a vocalist and a keyboardist and years of private study with music educator Ricky Callier. Later, he, Mark, Randy and Bunny formed DeBarge in 1979 (James joined three years later just before his high school graduation).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Who's Johnny - (4:11) - 1,698 plays
- Lay With You - (3:41) - 822 plays
- All This Love - (4:09) - 480 plays
- Rhythm of the Night - (3:52) - 433 plays
- I Like It - (3:50) - 520 plays
- Dindi - (4:58) - 289 plays
- Love Always - (5:23) - 296 plays
- Where Is My Love? - (5:37) - 252 plays
- Second Chance - (3:39) - 264 plays
- Close To You - (3:40) - 194 plays