39 Shouts - 230,443 Scrobbles
Born in Detroit, Michigan, Eldra Patrick DeBarge was born the fifth of eight brothers and sixth of ten DeBarge family members. In 1972, newly divorced from her abusive husband, El's mother Etterlene moved her children from Detroit to Grand Rapids, Michigan. Like his siblings, El participated in the local church choir and was labeled a child prodigy thanks to his skills as a vocalist and a keyboardist and years of private study with music educator Ricky Callier. Later, he, Mark, Randy and Bunny formed DeBarge in 1979 (James joined three years later just before his high school graduation).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Who's Johnny - (4:10) - 2,318 plays
- LyricsOh baby, oh yeah
Just wanna lay right here with you
Baby, I just wanna lay with you
I know you have work but I would love for you
To stay with me for a little while longer
- LyricsI had some problems and no one could seem to solve them.
But you found the answer.
You told me to take this chance and learn the ways of love,
My baby, and all that it has to offer.
In time you will see that love won't let you down.
- LyricsI got a secret for you
Can't believe myself
But ever since you've been gone
I think of no one else
I've even tried to forget
- I Like It - (3:50) - 435 plays
- Rhythm of the Night - (3:52) - 371 plays
- Second Chance - (3:40) - 390 plays
- Close To You - (3:41) - 274 plays
- Dindi - (4:58) - 336 plays
- Where Is My Love? - (5:37) - 252 plays