0 Shouts - 450 Scrobbles
Edward Johnson (16th c.-fl. 1572-1601)
English composer. Known to have been in the service of Sir Thomas Kytson of Hengrave Hall in the 1570s, and may have provided music for the Queen's visit to Lord Hertford in 1591; took the Cambridge B.Mus. degree in 1594. He contributed to East's psalter and the Triumphs of Oriana. His relation to the other Johnsons, if any, is unknown. 'Johnson's Medley' (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book, No. 243) is a lute piece set by William Byrd and Randall. His Pavan and Galliard, 'Delight' (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book, Nos.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Eliza is the fairest Queen - (2:01) - 20 plays
- O Come With Me In the Summer Night (Van der Stucken) - (2:33) - 2 plays
- Fedore - Acte 1 - Amor ti vieta (Giordano) - (2:47) - 1 plays
- Louise: Depuis Longtemps J'Habitais - (4:28) - 1 plays
- Louise - Acte 1 - Depuis lontemps j'habitais cette chambre (Charpentier) - (4:26) - 1 plays
- Andrea Chénier - Acte 1 - Un di all'azzuro spazio - Imroviso (Giordano) - (4:27) - 1 plays
- The Maple Leaf Forever - (1:31) - 1 plays
- I'll See You In My Dreams (Kahn-Jones) - (3:14) - 1 plays
- Sunrise and You (Arthur A. Penn) - (3:22) - 1 plays
- Parsifal - Acte 2 - Il Santo Graal (Wagner) - (4:16) - 1 plays