0 Shouts - 448,249 Scrobbles
There are at least four acts under Edison name:Read More...
1) American rock band, Edison,
2) Mysterious one man act from Japan, responsible for the animated adaptation of the BLACK LAGOON manga, EDISON.
3) Australian screamo/emo band from Woodend, Victoria.
4) Beat juggler out of San Francisco, CA and signed to Kid Without Radio label,
5) Norwegian rock band, Edison,
Ethan Isaac — Vocals
Jonathan Svec — Guitar
Joel Kelley — Guitar
Todd Budich — Drums
Anton Kreisl — Bass
Edison, like their namesake, strives for invention and passion in the music they create. Their sound and unique lifestyle, is roots-based and hard-driving. Organic, yet earsplitting, Edison celebrates an ever-endangered brand of underground rock-n-roll spirit. In an era where much of modern rock has devolved into digitized, pre-fab, anger management, Edison understands that a thorny dose of raw emotion, searing imagery, and fully developed sonic arrangements are the wellspring from which true cutting edge music flows.
This is an intensely captivating live band that has built a strong following around mystique. Singer Ethan Isaac and guitarist Jonathan Svec (formerly of Columbia Records and J Records Recording Group Splender) joined forces with drummer Todd Budich, guitarist Joel Kelley and bassist Anton Kreisl to invent Edison.
Hailing from various parts of the country, Edison has spent the past 3 years touring internationally playing over 20 countries. Their tours have included entertaining the troops across the globe and extensive shows through out Europe.
Edison’s first single, Ready To Believe is currently receiving commercial radio airplay in various markets. They have been featured on the ABC’S World News Tonight, Dan Patrick’s TV/Radio Show, ESPN, Rolling Stone, New York Post, Wall Street Journal, Billboard, and Fuse. They were the first band to shoot a rock video in Iraq. In 2010 Edison started the year sharing the stage with Everclear at the Chicago House of Blues and now Edison Is currently on a national tour with Cold and Nonpoint.
Edison doesn't second-guess the latest trends-- they keep things fresh by creating timeless, message-driven songs free from the formulaic trappings of copycat pop iconography. It's vital, essential stuff from which hibernating fanatics might just be convinced to crawl back out of their burrows and restore rock-n-roll to its rightful place.
One man act from Japan. Lack of information prevents from further word about this person.
3) Edison is Ryan, Mick and Ashley. We play in small spaces to tall people.
4) Edison - edison resides in san francisco california…
using old breaks and a closet of old instruments…
he brings the digital grit,
out of the acoustic organic…
he performs using a handmade lunchbox,
full of monome guts…..
he has gained momentum,
through videos of his performances,
shows, and song downloads…..
collaborated around the globe,
and performed all over the country……
please take a look and a listen…..
edison is signed to kid without radio records
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pull Them Cards - 12,166 plays
- Tear Drops to Earth - 19,318 plays
- Don't Look Behind (Ending Version) - 20,021 plays
- Don't Look Behind (Requiem Version) - 22,975 plays
- El Sol se Recuesta - 20,760 plays
- Asian Comfort - 13,088 plays
- A Cold Wind in My Mind - 12,946 plays
- Make A Bet - 13,424 plays
- Samara Samanda - 11,987 plays
- Melting Brain - 14,476 plays