11 Shouts - 309,096 Scrobbles
Edgar Meyer (born November 24, 1960) is a prominent contemporary bassist. His styles include bluegrass, newgrass, jazz, and classical. Meyer has worked as a session musician in Nashville, part of various chamber groups, a composer, and an arranger.
Meyer grew up in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. He learned to play the double bass from his father, the late Edgar Meyer, Sr., who directed the string orchestra program for the local public school system. Meyer later went on to Indiana University to study with Stuart Sankey.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Attaboy - (5:42) - 6,764 plays
- Less Is Moi - 3,940 plays
- Big Country - (4:00) - 3,874 plays
- Here and Heaven - (3:53) - 3,240 plays
- Quarter Chicken Dark - (4:47) - 2,684 plays
- Helping Hand - (5:06) - 2,114 plays
- No One But You - (3:54) - 1,768 plays
- Where's My Bow? - (5:30) - 1,837 plays
- Franz and the Eagle - (6:53) - 1,788 plays
- Hill Justice - (4:29) - 1,351 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online