11 Shouts - 153,559 Scrobbles
Edgar Meyer (born November 24, 1960) is a prominent contemporary bassist. His styles include bluegrass, newgrass, jazz, and classical. Meyer has worked as a session musician in Nashville, part of various chamber groups, a composer, and an arranger.
Meyer grew up in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. He learned to play the double bass from his father, the late Edgar Meyer, Sr., who directed the string orchestra program for the local public school system. Meyer later went on to Indiana University to study with Stuart Sankey.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Big Country - (4:00) - 997 plays
- Ham and Cheese - (2:22) - 297 plays
- Sliding Down - Instrumental - (4:42) - 439 plays
- Please Don't Feed the Bear - (4:08) - 285 plays
- 1B - (4:01) - 211 plays
- Early Morning - (6:25) - 237 plays
- The Farmer And The Duck - (5:39) - 183 plays
- Uncommon Ritual - Instrumental - (6:03) - 223 plays
- First Things First - (3:36) - 226 plays
- Roundabout - (6:15) - 188 plays