2 Shouts - 28,225 Scrobbles
December 18, 1917 - July 2, 1988 American jazz and rhythm and blues alto saxophonist and blues shouter. After working in the Milton Larkins and Cootie Williams orchestras, he established his own big band in 1945. In 1947 he had a major rhythm and blues hit with "Old Maid Boogie/Kidney Stew Blues". Vinson recorded both jazz and rhythm and blues. He wrote "Tune Up" and "Four" for Miles Davis, as well as the classic blues numbers "Somebody Done Stole My Cherry Red," "Person to Person," and "They Call Me Mr.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Old Maid Boogie - (2:48) - 183 plays
- Kidney Stew Blues - (3:00) - 92 plays
- Kidney Stew - (2:29) - 74 plays
- Wee Baby Blues - 89 plays
- I'm In An Awful Mood - (3:18) - 62 plays
- Wait A Minute Baby - (3:14) - 62 plays
- Please Send Me Someone To Love - (4:12) - 67 plays
- Juice-Head Baby - (4:34) - 65 plays
- Somebody's Got To Go - 58 plays
- Totsy - (5:24) - 45 plays