0 Shouts - 217,405 Scrobbles
1) Edward Thomas FisherRead More...
A jazz guitarist born in Little Rock, Arkansas. Died of cancer on July 12, 2007.
Eddie Fisher spent the first 17 years of his life in Little Rock, Arkansas. From the age of 10, he developed a love for music; influenced and supported by his father. After graduating from high school, Fisher left home and headed for Memphis, Tennessee, where he continued to improve his guitar technique and musical skills. He spent the next several years touring with such famous musicians as Salomon Burke and Albert King. Fisher then became a founding member of the Leo's Five Band and decided to settle down in St. Louis, Missouri.
Eddie Fisher worked as Albert King's bandleader before embarking on a solo career. He released two classic albums, "The Third Cup" and "The Next One Hundred Years", blending soul, funk, jazz and touches of psychedelia, in the late 1960's.
Eddie Fisher's third album "Hot Lunch" was released on the All Platinum label, and after that he launched his own indie operation Nentu. In 2004, he was voted into the Arkansas Jazz Hall of Fame.
BMI credits Eddie Juni Fisher for song compositions.
2) Eddie Fisher was an actor and teen idol known for his pop ballads in the 1950s. A pre-Rock and Roll vocalist, Fisher's strong and melodious tenor made him a teen idol and one of the most popular singers of the 1950s. He had seventeen songs in the Top 10 on the music charts between 1950 and 1956 and thirty-five in the Top 40.
Fisher has performed in top concert halls all over the United States and headlined in major Las Vegas showrooms. He has headlined at the Palace Theater in New York City as well as London's Palladium.
Fisher has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one for Recording, at 6241 Hollywood Boulevard, and one for TV, at 1724 Vine Street.
He was married to actress/singer Debbie Reynolds. They had a daughter, Carrie Fisher, who would later become an actress.
Born August 10, 1928 and died September 22, 2010 of complications from hip surgery.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm walking behind you
On your wedding day
And I'll hear you promise
To love and obey
Though you may forget me
- That's What Christmas Means to Me - 15,681 plays
- LyricsIf I ever needed you, I need you now
I can't remember when I've ever been so blue
If I ever needed love, I need it now
I feel so all alone I don't know what to do
No day or night goes by when I don't have my cry
- Christmas Day - 12,153 plays
- LyricsThey're not making the skies as blue this year
Wish you were here
As blue as they did when you were near
Wish you were here
And the mornings don't seem as new
- Outside of Heaven - 10,165 plays
- You're All I Want for Christmas - 10,994 plays
- Any Time - 9,232 plays
- Dungaree Doll - 8,291 plays
- Tell Me Why - 7,567 plays