3 Shouts - 5,931 Scrobbles
Ed Blackwell (October 10, 1929 – October 7, 1992) was an American free jazz drummer born in New Orleans, Louisiana. While album credits typically listed him as "Ed Blackwell," he preferred to be called Edward. Most of his close associates, including his wife, simply called him "Blackwell" most of the time. Blackwell's early career began in New Orleans in the 1950s. He played in a bebop quintet that included pianist Ellis Marsalis and clarinetist Alvin Batiste.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Untitled 3 - (7:39) - 10 plays
- Untitled 1 - (9:00) - 9 plays
- The Eternal Rhythm - (5:00) - 10 plays
- Pentahouve - (8:47) - 8 plays
- Shades Of General Lefty - (6:00) - 9 plays
- Seagulls Of Kristiansund - (26:02) - 13 plays
- That Moment Of Glance - (4:53) - 9 plays
- Nebula - (10:09) - 8 plays
- Grandma's Shoes - (13:16) - 5 plays
- Farid - (9:02) - 8 plays