63 Shouts - 782,243 Scrobbles
Sarah Blackwood, Steve Hillier and Chris Wilkie first appeared as Dubstar in 1994. Hillier's floating synths, Wilkie's chiming guitar and the ever-plaintive vocals from Sarah Blackwood drew comparisons to Pet Shop Boys, The Smiths and Kirsty MacColl, while the band regularly added Cocteau Twins and One Dove among their greatest influences.
Dubstar released their debut album 'Disgraceful' on Food Records in the Autumn of 1995 to worldwide critical and commercial success.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIs it asking too much to be given time
To know these songs and to sing them
Is it asking too much of my vacant smile
And my laugh and lies that bring them
But as the stars are going out
- LyricsThe wind's whistling
my mind's twisting
I was making myself the usual cup of tea
when the doorbell strangely rang
Because I've been up here for a while
- LyricsI'll be around anywhere
Any place you want me
Now I'll be around anywhere
Any time I'm free
In time the stakes will change
- Lyrics"It's alright, I'm just a girl", she said
"Talk down to me and take me to bed
I don't feel I don't think
And I don't really matter at all"
"Kiss me in darkness turn out the light
- LyricsWalking home from work tonight
Your letter warm, I'm holding tight
Said you want to see me soon
I phoned you late this afternoon
The bar we first met seems alive
- No More Talk - (3:39) - 816 plays
- Elevator Song - (2:54) - 508 plays
- St. Swithin's Day - (4:01) - 498 plays
- Disgraceful - (3:48) - 484 plays
- I Will Be Your Girlfriend - (3:35) - 416 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online