60 Shouts - 728,239 Scrobbles
Sarah Blackwood, Steve Hillier and Chris Wilkie first appeared as Dubstar in 1994. Hillier's floating synths, Wilkie's chiming guitar and the ever-plaintive vocals from Sarah Blackwood drew comparisons to Pet Shop Boys, The Smiths and Kirsty MacColl, while the band regularly added Cocteau Twins and One Dove among their greatest influences.
Dubstar released their debut album 'Disgraceful' on Food Records in the Autumn of 1995 to worldwide critical and commercial success.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stars - (3:58) - 7,536 plays
- LyricsThe wind's whistling
my mind's twisting
I was making myself the usual cup of tea
when the doorbell strangely rang
Because I've been up here for a while
- LyricsI'll be around anywhere
Any place you want me
Now I'll be around anywhere
Any time I'm free
In time the stakes will change
- Lyrics"It's alright, I'm just a girl", she said
"Talk down to me and take me to bed
I don't feel I don't think
And I don't really matter at all"
"Kiss me in darkness turn out the light
- LyricsTalking is useless when your cards have all been shown
I'll make you feel bitter and I'll never use the phone
'cos I'm not the kind of person soft enough to cry
I'm not the kind of person to hide when I can fight
So breakout now let the feelings out and take the blame away
- The Day I See You Again - (4:19) - 890 plays
- I Will Be Your Girlfriend - (3:35) - 556 plays
- Elevator Song - (2:54) - 537 plays
- St. Swithin's Day - (4:01) - 506 plays
- Disgraceful - (3:48) - 575 plays