0 Shouts - 4,572 Scrobbles
"Like an alt country Led Zeppelin..." Drunken Prayer is the brainchild of Morgan Christopher Geer of Asheville, NC. In a strange turn of events, sometime in 2005 at a fish market in tiny Sebastopol, CA, Morgan found himself in a prolonged conversation with his hero Tom Waits. After an exchange on the nature of life, living and music, Waits convinces Geer to pursue a sound and lyric that engage the theosophical musings of sin and redemption, Saturday nights and Sunday mornings; a topic clearly near and dear to Geer’s heart. In that moment, Drunken Prayer is born.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm Gonna Lay Down in Front of My Lord - (3:16) - 9 plays
- Always Sad - (2:15) - 25 plays
- The Missionfield - (4:39) - 5 plays
- Ain't No Grave - (4:20) - 5 plays
- Brazil - (3:44) - 12 plays
- Take a Walk - (2:13) - 4 plays
- I Saw It With My Own Two Eyes - (2:21) - 3 plays
- What Made Me Kill - (4:02) - 3 plays
- Maryjane - (3:50) - 3 plays
- Hunt Me Down - (2:51) - 3 plays