0 Shouts - 4,409 Scrobbles
"Like an alt country Led Zeppelin..." Drunken Prayer is the brainchild of Morgan Christopher Geer of Asheville, NC. In a strange turn of events, sometime in 2005 at a fish market in tiny Sebastopol, CA, Morgan found himself in a prolonged conversation with his hero Tom Waits. After an exchange on the nature of life, living and music, Waits convinces Geer to pursue a sound and lyric that engage the theosophical musings of sin and redemption, Saturday nights and Sunday mornings; a topic clearly near and dear to Geer’s heart. In that moment, Drunken Prayer is born.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm Gonna Lay Down in Front of My Lord - (3:16) - 24 plays
- Always Sad - (2:15) - 20 plays
- Take This Hammer - (3:09) - 11 plays
- Brazil - (3:44) - 33 plays
- Maryjane - (3:50) - 11 plays
- What Made Me Kill - (4:02) - 7 plays
- Selfishness in Man - (3:36) - 7 plays
- Pearls and Swine - (3:37) - 7 plays
- Ain't No Grave - (4:20) - 5 plays
- I Saw It With My Own Two Eyes Again - (2:19) - 7 plays