0 Shouts - 4,251 Scrobbles
"Like an alt country Led Zeppelin..." Drunken Prayer is the brainchild of Morgan Christopher Geer of Asheville, NC. In a strange turn of events, sometime in 2005 at a fish market in tiny Sebastopol, CA, Morgan found himself in a prolonged conversation with his hero Tom Waits. After an exchange on the nature of life, living and music, Waits convinces Geer to pursue a sound and lyric that engage the theosophical musings of sin and redemption, Saturday nights and Sunday mornings; a topic clearly near and dear to Geer’s heart. In that moment, Drunken Prayer is born.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I'm Gonna Lay Down in Front of My Lord - (3:16) - 34 plays
- Always Sad - (2:15) - 72 plays
- What Made Me Kill - (4:02) - 12 plays
- Brazil - (3:44) - 31 plays
- The Missionfield - (4:39) - 10 plays
- I Saw It With My Own Two Eyes Again - (2:19) - 9 plays
- Maryjane - (3:50) - 8 plays
- I Saw It With My Own Two Eyes - (2:21) - 5 plays
- Frenchy - (3:00) - 6 plays
- Ain't No Grave - (4:20) - 7 plays