317 Shouts - 5,300,512 Scrobbles
Drive-By Truckers are an alternative country band which formed in Athens, Georgia, United States in 1996. Currently, the band consists of Patterson Hood (vocals, guitar), Mike Cooley (vocals, guitar), David Barbe (bass), John Neff (guitar), Jay Gonzalez (keyboards) and Brad Morgan (drums). Cooley and Hood are the only original members of the band remaining. Among the band's former members are Jason Isbell (vocals, guitar) who left the band in 2007, and Shonna Tucker (bass, vocals) who left the band in 2011.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe moonbeams we can dream on
And the working day is done
And there's stars we can wish upon
At the setting of the sun
The sunsets we can cry over
- LyricsYou want to grow up to paint houses like me
A trailer in my yard till you're 23
You want to be old after 42 years
Keep dropping the hammer and grinding the gears
Well, I used to go out in a Mustang
- LyricsLife ain't nothing but a blendin' up of all the ups and downs
Dammit Elvis, don't you know
He makes mama so proud
Before you ever made that record, before there ever was a sun
Before you ever lost that Cadillac that Carl Perkins won
- LyricsI got green and I got blues
And everyday there's a little less difference between the two
I belly up and disappear
Well I ain't really drownin' 'cause I see the beach from here
I could take a Greyhound home but when I got there it'd be gone
- LyricsWhen he reached the gates of Heaven,
He didn't understand.
He knew that friends were comin' over.
Was it all a dream?
Was it all a crazy dream?
- Where the Devil Don't Stay - (5:17) - 4,320 plays
- Zip City - (5:16) - 3,959 plays
- The Righteous Path - (4:14) - 3,681 plays
- Ronnie and Neil - (4:57) - 3,192 plays
- Sink Hole - (3:30) - 3,541 plays