22 Shouts - 153,195 Scrobbles
Pianist/singer/writer Don Blackman, born 1953 in Queens, NY, grew up surrounded by jazz influences; a cousin was McCoy Tyner's friend and saxophonist Charles McPherson — a Charlie Parker disciple — was Blackman's neighbor. Blackman played with McPherson's group in 1968 alongside Sam Jones and Louis Hayes when he was 15 years old. He switched to electric piano and toured with Parliarment/Funkadellic in the early '70s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Holding You, Loving You - (4:10) - 3,913 plays
- Heart's Desire - (4:28) - 1,448 plays
- Loving You, Holding You - (3:59) - 1,195 plays
- Hearts Desire - 161 plays
- Never Miss A Thing - 238 plays
- You Ain't Hip - 232 plays
- Deaf Hook-Up Connection - 201 plays
- let your conscience be your guide - (3:41) - 181 plays
- Since You Been Away So Long - 235 plays
- Yabba Dabba Doo - 125 plays