Doc & Lena Selyanina
0 Shouts - 30,338 Scrobbles
Doc & Lena Selyanina is a: ambient, dark ambient, meditative ambient, neoclassical, avantgarde band.Read More...
Since summer 2005 the Finnish ambient producer Doc and the Russian pianist Lena Selyanina have been co-creating ambient music based on classical material and releasing it on Musictrade netlabel. Their first album Distant Transmissions (MT002, July 2005) was meditative space ambient built on J.S. Bach's music. This was followed by An Island of Joy (In a Sea of Electronic Dreams) (MT004, November 2005), an album of beautiful impressionistic ambient inspired by Claude Debussy's 'water music'. In March 2006 they released their third album together: Noble, Sentimental & Ambient Waltzes (MT008), a dark, cinematic work inspired by Maurice Ravel's series of waltzes for the piano. The fourth album 'Echoes from an Engulfed Cathedral' (MT011) came out in January 2007; this impressionistic ambient work was again inspired by Claude Debussy's music. Their fifth artistic co-creation, Nangilima (MT015) was released in December 2007. This album, inspired by Dmitri Shostakovich's piano music, focused on the theme of childhood: its joys, fears and fantasies. In January 2008 came out Cosmic Lullabies (MT018), a calm, cosmic and meditative work.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Andromeda Calling - 1,980 plays
- Ich Rufe - 1,793 plays
- Reflections on Water - 1,853 plays
- Dancers in Mist - 1,600 plays
- On a cold Tuesday morning, April 1823 - 1,437 plays
- Behind the Veils - 1,287 plays
- Sleepless in Dresden - 1,269 plays
- Swinging In A Secret Garden - 1,379 plays
- Carrier Waves - 935 plays
- An Island of Joy (In a Sea of Electronic Dreams) - 878 plays