447 Shouts - 9,293,934 Scrobbles
Jean "Django" Reinhardt (23 January 1910 - 16 May 1953) was a Belgian guitarist and composer credited with popularizing gypsy jazz, as well as conceptualizing the style together with several other Gypsy musicians. Reinhardt, the meaning of whose nickname was "I Awake" in the Romani language, severely injured two of the digits on his left hand as a youth, and changed his guitar playing style to adapt to his handicap. Together with violinist Stéphane Grappelli, he founded the Quintette du Hot Club de France, regarded as one of the most innovative recording groups in the history of jazz music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Minor Swing - (2:46) - 36,662 plays
- Nuages - (3:15) - 17,033 plays
- Limehouse Blues - (2:46) - 12,650 plays
- Belleville - (2:46) - 10,559 plays
- Django's Tiger - . - (2:39) - 9,001 plays
- Out of Nowhere - (3:16) - 9,082 plays
- Honeysuckle Rose - (2:56) - 9,320 plays
- Sweet Georgia Brown - (3:14) - 8,759 plays
- Djangology - (2:35) - 7,872 plays
- I'll See You In My Dreams - (2:31) - 8,363 plays