121 Shouts - 3,193,926 Scrobbles
John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie (October 21, 1917 – January 6, 1993) was an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer and occasional singer. Dizzy Gillespie was a trumpet virtuoso and improviser, building on the virtuoso style of Roy Eldridge but adding layers of harmonic complexity previously unknown in jazz. His beret and horn-rimmed spectacles, his scat singing, his bent horn, pouched cheeks and his light-hearted personality were essential in popularizing bebop.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All the Things You Are - (2:52) - 8,110 plays
- Groovin’ High - (7:16) - 4,686 plays
- Desafinado - (3:23) - 5,471 plays
- Manteca - (3:03) - 3,812 plays
- Con Alma - (9:27) - 3,136 plays
- Salt Peanuts - (3:14) - 3,227 plays
- Dizzy Atmosphere - (4:04) - 3,415 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:08) - 2,649 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (4:11) - 2,177 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online