111 Shouts - 2,670,630 Scrobbles
John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie (1917 –1993) was a U.S. jazz trumpeter, bandleader, singer, and composer. Gillespie, with Charlie Parker (Bird), was a major figure in the development of bebop and modern jazz He was also instrumental in founding Afro-Cuban jazz. Gillespie was a trumpet virtuoso and gifted improviser. In addition to his instrumental skills, Dizzy's beret and horn-rimmed spectacles, his scat singing, his bent horn and pouched cheeks, and his light-hearted personality endeared many to what was regarded as threatening and frightening music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Desafinado - (3:22) - 7,163 plays
- Dizzy Atmosphere - (2:47) - 5,616 plays
- Manteca - (7:05) - 5,985 plays
- A Night In Tunisia - (21:41) - 5,176 plays
- Salt Peanuts - (3:15) - 4,646 plays
- Groovin' High - (4:05) - 2,890 plays
- Con Alma - (5:05) - 2,429 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:07) - 2,299 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (2:38) - 2,037 plays
- All The Things You Are - (2:49) - 2,109 plays