114 Shouts - 2,833,125 Scrobbles
John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie (October 21, 1917 – January 6, 1993) was an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer and occasional singer. Dizzy Gillespie was a trumpet virtuoso and improviser, building on the virtuoso style of Roy Eldridge but adding layers of harmonic complexity previously unknown in jazz. His beret and horn-rimmed spectacles, his scat singing, his bent horn, pouched cheeks and his light-hearted personality were essential in popularizing bebop.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Desafinado - (3:23) - 6,421 plays
- Dizzy Atmosphere - (2:47) - 5,085 plays
- Manteca - (7:05) - 4,619 plays
- On the Sunny Side of the Street - (3:04) - 3,374 plays
- Salt Peanuts - (3:14) - 3,222 plays
- Groovin' High - (5:13) - 2,477 plays
- Con Alma - (5:05) - 1,995 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (2:41) - 1,638 plays
- Manteca - 1994 Remastered - (3:07) - 1,127 plays