119 Shouts - 3,073,822 Scrobbles
John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie (October 21, 1917 – January 6, 1993) was an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer and occasional singer. Dizzy Gillespie was a trumpet virtuoso and improviser, building on the virtuoso style of Roy Eldridge but adding layers of harmonic complexity previously unknown in jazz. His beret and horn-rimmed spectacles, his scat singing, his bent horn, pouched cheeks and his light-hearted personality were essential in popularizing bebop.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Desafinado - (3:23) - 7,033 plays
- Groovin’ High - (7:16) - 4,255 plays
- Dizzy Atmosphere - (4:04) - 4,674 plays
- A Night In Tunisia - (3:07) - 4,006 plays
- Manteca - (3:03) - 4,294 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:08) - 3,686 plays
- Con Alma - (9:27) - 2,984 plays
- Salt Peanuts - (3:14) - 3,206 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (4:11) - 2,644 plays
- I Can´t Get Started - 2,174 plays