117 Shouts - 2,944,586 Scrobbles
John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie (October 21, 1917 – January 6, 1993) was an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer and occasional singer. Dizzy Gillespie was a trumpet virtuoso and improviser, building on the virtuoso style of Roy Eldridge but adding layers of harmonic complexity previously unknown in jazz. His beret and horn-rimmed spectacles, his scat singing, his bent horn, pouched cheeks and his light-hearted personality were essential in popularizing bebop.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Desafinado - (3:23) - 7,063 plays
- Dizzy Atmosphere - (2:47) - 6,098 plays
- Manteca - (7:05) - 4,478 plays
- A Night In Tunisia - (21:41) - 4,211 plays
- Salt Peanuts - (3:14) - 3,659 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:08) - 3,947 plays
- Groovin' High - (2:44) - 3,354 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (2:41) - 2,408 plays
- Con Alma - (9:05) - 1,823 plays
- All the Things You Are - (2:52) - 1,696 plays