114 Shouts - 2,913,851 Scrobbles
John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie (October 21, 1917 – January 6, 1993) was an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer and occasional singer. Dizzy Gillespie was a trumpet virtuoso and improviser, building on the virtuoso style of Roy Eldridge but adding layers of harmonic complexity previously unknown in jazz. His beret and horn-rimmed spectacles, his scat singing, his bent horn, pouched cheeks and his light-hearted personality were essential in popularizing bebop.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Desafinado - (3:23) - 6,843 plays
- Dizzy Atmosphere - (2:47) - 5,905 plays
- Manteca - (7:05) - 4,506 plays
- Salt Peanuts - (3:14) - 3,554 plays
- On the Sunny Side of the Street - (3:08) - 3,620 plays
- Groovin' High - (2:44) - 3,118 plays
- Tin Tin Deo - (4:11) - 2,191 plays
- Con Alma - (9:05) - 1,813 plays
- All the Things You Are - (2:52) - 1,644 plays