85 Shouts - 458,707 Scrobbles
Discount was a punk rock band from Vero Beach, Florida that formed in 1995 and disbanded in 2000. They released three full length albums, several EPs, and two b-side collections. Members have gone on to form Unitas, The Kills, The Kitchen, Black Cougar Shock Unit, The Routineers, The Dead Weather, The Draft, and Monikers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyricsit's raining on the other side of these walls. the thunder reminds us of the times we hoped for nothing but storms and creepy fishing boats to sink. we wave sometimes to pretend that nothing is changing. but you've gone on and i've gone off to get lost and devistated. the lightning is lighting up the land. the bright light reminds me that my night life is crumbling when the pitch black begins to lose its pitch. but devistation is not the same thing as disaster. one's all smiles, one's all laughter. top it off. clap and cough. feel the rough. this is the little stuff. trees are snapping. trash is slapping my windows. i'm mapping out the stuff that the wind blows. he's blowing kisses. she's making fists. he's sinking boats. it's sinking in. she knows that things are changing.
- Lyricseight hundred miles for you. eight hundred miles for me. what can i say? it's not so hapless. it's not so harsh. i can take it. so i sit on the porch and i listen to traffic. i read the paper. this is water. this is wood. this is your living room. this feels good. half fiction, half documentary. i'm right on. no. i don't know. there is distance more than miles. but our ideas are adjoining canals.
- Lyricsthe weapon is not your out all
loaded and wanting to
unload ammunition, shotgun definition of you
passing out holes unaccidental
easier sold than set upon
- Lyricsyou've had those torn jeans on for days. you keep humming that same song. we never argue but they say it's bad if we get along. on the phone you dry your eyes. you know i can't explain regardless of the direction the earth turns we've got to walk the other way. if you've got to say it i won't mind. i can't justify your pain by saying it's just a matter of time. i got your letter in my box and i was almost ashamed to read it with a smile when i knew i ought to toss it away. i never knew what horrible destruction could happen to this place. it's all silent and defying in our heads, in this case.
- Lyricsam i missing something in the way you said to me, "we're missing something, let's find the vacancy." the object shouldn't be to be on top of things. we agree that falling off is more interesting. together we've come to the conclusion that all is won even if we're losing. all is successful just as long as we're smiling. together we're lost in confusion. which is fine, our perilous delusion. camp fire, hill top excursion. explosions. it's funny how it happens after so many distant years. you find an outlet in a pair of once distant eyes. fears and rules and fences blow away in our wind. finally there is nothing left to cage us in. i climb. you dive. i slide. you drive. the proof shatters windows. yeah, we're still alive.
- City Bleach - (2:32) - 239 plays
- Keith - (2:03) - 239 plays
- Soup - (1:34) - 232 plays
- Pocket bomb - (1:43) - 220 plays
- Broken to Blue - (3:21) - 187 plays