0 Shouts - 6,197,653 Scrobbles
Talking about Disarmonia Mundi is difficult if you struggle with the concept of changeRead More...
Let’s start from the easiest part: there have been style changes, there have been line-up changes, but the only thing that remained (and probably always will be) unchanged since the beginning of this band is the presence of Ettore Rigotti as a player, composer, sound-engineer and producer. We could easily say that Disarmonia Mundi is simply his own vision of extreme-melodic music and end the biography right here, but it would maybe be a little disappointing for you all, so we’ll have to spend some more words about the past of this band and find a better way to introduce you to its bizarre world.
It all started around the year 2000 when Ettore with a bunch of friends/musicians composed and recorded into his own home-studio the first self-produced opus entitled Nebularium, a brilliant piece of progressive and atmospheric extreme music. Despite lacking a massive distribution and live activity (due to line-up problems) the record received an amazing feedback from both media and metal fans and allowed the band to sign a contract for the worldwide distribution of the next two albums.
While working on the new album the band almost lost all of its components (except Mirco, the bass player and of course Ettore) and joined forces with Claudio to complete the lyrics and vocal structures of the new songs and successfully got in contact with Speed from Soilwork to have him as a guest on the new record as well.
The year 2004 finally saw the release of the long anticipated second studio album entitled Fragments of D-Generation. No more progressive atmospheres, but a faster and more energetic musical vibe with a huge injection of melody and a more twisted and aggressive vocal/lyrical approach. Being a worldwide success the record helped the band to enlarge their fan base a lot despite the lack of live activity and granted them their own place in the crowded melodic extreme metal scene.
The year after Mirco eventually left the band to dedicate all his efforts to his movie director career, but new songs were already coming out Ettore’s hat and the third record (Mind Tricks, 2006) showed that the renewed creative identity built by Ettore and Claudio was stronger than ever and far from being exhausted: a darker and heavier sound featuring multiple vocal layers by both Claudio and Ettore (with Speed collaborating again as a guest on some parts of the new songs) made this record their best release so far.
On December 9, 2009, the band released their new album title The Isolation Game. Guest members on the album included Bjorn Strid from Soilwork, as well as vocalist Antony Hämäläinen and guitarist Olof Mörck of Nightrage. The album was released under the new Italian label Coroner Records. The album received often positive reviews, with some critics citing that "It doesn’t do anything that we haven’t heard before."
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI find out life is sometimes
Cauterized by the words
It seems the end of our times
Of reacting to the wounds
Turn off the led
- LyricsI cannot wait to see your struggle within and share the stench of your guilt in this hysterical addiction I shall discard your deceit my soul is burning as your flesh crawls ripped from your burden of grief too tired to mourn and too sad to care just get the fuck out of here crawl in me inside my veins you're burning still grow in me but in my heart you're dead for real get inside my house of grief here's where I want you to be decaying slow a frantic crumble towards the end of your dreams the last time those years were all in vain come save my soul craving till your last breath but still demanding respect just like a doll I see you falter shattering fragments of guilt but I'm so tired of your blathering of your constant lies of your sickness let me close the door on your memory and watch you burn inside my prison feeble legs are fast to crumble in a constant reverence save your prayers for tomorrow 'cause today you drown with me
- LyricsThe uttermost attraction you repressed until tonight
is breaking free like a boundless stream of ravenous desire
Feral resurrection dancing on a wire celebrate the darkness
that is torturing your mind
- Lyricsdenigrate lacerate feed the poison in your veins and withstand the collapse of a world of fools all your fears torn apart like a sparkle in the dark be aware of yourself rip the decaying parts away enclosing ways of mind revive into my eyes I feel your idle grasp around my neck fading away encoding waves of mind revive into my eyes while I'm screaming now for a last time fragile and disfigured nemesis born from ashes all the answers you seek lie locked in your mind raging winds blow the sadness storming the spires of deceit and still the answers you miss lie locked in your mind the face inside the mirror with eyes so cold is staring right into you draining your soul as it slowly reaches to your brain so crystal clear the awareness that your inner demons are unleashed grant me eyes to see faces I once knew now they look so hollow grant me hands to feel my forgotten dreams in a world of shadows dominate desecrate all the bastards in your way resurrecting unbound beyond common rules havoc, ascend! from the spires of deceit spread your restless spirit and blacken the sun
- Nihilistic Overdrive - 240,934 plays
- Red Clouds - 196,040 plays
- Parting Ways - 184,046 plays
- A Taste of Collapse - 205,748 plays
- Morgue of Centuries - 161,875 plays
- Swallow the Flames - 157,885 plays