1,890 Shouts - 44,493,055 Scrobbles
Dire Straits were a british rock band from Newcastle, United Kingdom, formed in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (guitar and vocals), his brother David Knopfler (guitar), John Illsley (bass), and Pick Withers (drums), and subsequently managed by Ed Bicknell. Dire Straits emerged during the post-punk era of the late '70s, and while their sound was minimalistic and stripped down, they owed little to punk. If anything, the band was a direct outgrowth of the roots revivalism of pub rock, but where pub rock celebrated good times, Dire Straits were melancholy.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sultans of Swing - (5:47) - 288,696 plays
- Money for Nothing - (8:23) - 156,242 plays
- Walk of Life - (4:09) - 130,928 plays
- Brothers in Arms - (6:58) - 124,931 plays
- Romeo and Juliet - (6:00) - 97,528 plays
- So Far Away - (4:00) - 55,026 plays
- Your Latest Trick - (6:30) - 46,901 plays
- Lady Writer - (3:46) - 43,520 plays
- Tunnel of Love - (8:08) - 42,780 plays
- Private Investigations - (6:46) - 39,142 plays