0 Shouts - 2,008,294 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist under this name:Read More...
1. Dionysos is a French rock band formed in 1993 in Valence, Drôme. The band consists of five members known as Élisabeth Maistre a.k.a Babet, Guillaume Garidel a.k.a Guillermo, Mathias Malzieu, Michaël Ponton a.k.a Miky Biky and Éric Serra Tosio a.k.a Rico. Mathias is the main songwriter and fronts the band. Their latest studio album is La mécanique du cœur. Their first release, Happening Songs, was entirely in English, and Babet wasn't part of the band yet. In 1999, they released Haïku, which brought the band into the public eye, mainly thanks to the success of the single Coccinelle.
The name is based on the name of the ancient Greek god, Dionysus (Dionysos in French).
Almost all Dionysos songs evoke a surreal world, in part due to the influence of Tim Burton and Roald Dahl on the group. The song La métamorphose de Mister Chat tells the story of a ladys' man transformed into a cat, and the story of the group's biggest hit (Song for Jedi) is encapsulated in the English chorus, "When I was a child, I was a Jedi".
Babet is currently working at the same time on her own solo album (released on March 5, 2007), and career. The lead singer, Mathias Malzieu, is also working on other projects such as the career of Olivia Ruiz (his partner) and his other hobby, writing (he published three books in 2002, 2005 and 2007). His second book is based on the same world as the album Monsters in Love. The sixth member of the group, Stéphan Bertholio a.k.a Stéphano, was their backliner before playing with them during live tour, and working on the fifth album Monsters in Love.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Song For Jedi - 103,654 plays
- La Métamorphose De Mister Chat - 58,430 plays
- Tes Lacets Sont Des Fées - 49,125 plays
- Miss Acacia - 43,565 plays
- Giant Jack's Theme - 34,482 plays
- Giant Jack - 41,766 plays
- Anorak - 32,163 plays
- I Love You - 30,945 plays
- Old Child - 33,505 plays
- Coccinelle - 32,779 plays