Dion & The Belmonts
65 Shouts - 1,064,263 Scrobbles
Dion & the Belmonts were a leading American vocal group of the late 1950s. The group formed when Dion DiMucci joined The Belmonts - Carlo Mastrangelo, Fred Milano (August 22, 1939 - January 1, 2012), and Angelo D'Aleo - in late 1957. After an unsuccessful first single, the group were signed to Laurie Records. Their breakthrough came when "I Wonder Why" made # 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and the group appeared for the first time on the Dick Clark TV show. They followed it with the ballads "No One Knows" (#19) and "Don't Pity Me" (#40).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Teenager In Love - (2:38) - 15,443 plays
- The Wanderer - (2:44) - 14,127 plays
- Runaround Sue - (2:40) - 13,046 plays
- I Wonder Why - (2:21) - 9,368 plays
- Where Or When - (2:38) - 2,880 plays
- I Wonder Why - 1999 Digital Remaster - (2:19) - 1,596 plays
- No One Knows - (2:36) - 1,732 plays
- Lovers Who Wander - (2:31) - 1,902 plays
- In The Still Of The Night - (2:37) - 1,361 plays
- Teenager in Love - (2:35) - 1,348 plays